2018 Meeting Programs
- Winter quilts + auction -- Clean up your sewing space!
- Sew Expo program brochure discussion. Members please share reports/opinions of classes and teachers they've enjoyed in the past. Also members can suggest things for a "favorite tools, tips and notions shopping list" for Sew Expo.
- Blair Stocker, author of Wise Craft Quilts, will present a trunk show and share her ideas and processes.
- Country Carriage, Des Moines, WA (email@example.com) will present.
- Sewing spaces tour -- Members share their sewing/crafting environments.
- Quilt show prep; check in quilts for show; make or add sleeves. Barbara Guerena to lead.
- Recap of quilt show; work on AHQ at meeting; report from Sue N. or Julia.
- Sandi Silagi of Core Centric will introduce hand exercises for quilters.
- "Sunshine quilts" -- Show and tell of members' quilty stuff for charity, happiness or beach/picnic/summer.
- How to recruit new/younger members discussion.
- Susan Flores will speak about cyanotype, a photographic printing process that produces a cyan-blue print. Engineers used the process well into the 20th century as a simple and low-cost process to produce copies of drawings, referred to as blueprints. The process uses two chemicals: ferric ammonium citrate and potassium ferricyanide.
- Reminders to bring sewing machines, rotary cutters, etc for making Xmas stockings in Oct.
- Possible election of officers. (New VPs need to start program planning right away for 2019.)
- Make/finish Xmas stockings for Margaret Bickel's foster kids.
- Quilty (or handmade) winter holiday decoration ideas.
- Holiday party (2d Tues).